Learn how science can be applied to Health, Technology and Commerce
Enrol and commence studying anytime
Work at your own pace and focus on things of greater interest to you.
Great tutors , highly qualified, and with years of experience stand ready to support you every step of the way
From the amateur scientist to people working in scientific fields this course is bound to interest and add knowledge.
The Certificate study program consists of 6 modules that can be chosen from the list below:
See the options listed below. Other options may also be approved provided they relate to the broad aim of giving you an improved ability to work in the applied sciences.
Note that each module in the Certificate In Applied Science is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
What you learn through ACS Applied Science Studies
An ACS Certificate in Applied Science is designed to provide foundation knowledge beyond secondary education, but with a greater relevance to the practical workplace than academic type university studies. Our study programs can also be used to bridge the gap between a specific qualification and the needs of a certain position. For example, whilst an irrigation equipment salesperson might be qualified in sales, they might choose to study a Certificate in Applied Science with a major in horticulture to give them that “foundation knowledge” that will allow them to answer those difficult questions from clients. A qualified nurse might take a Certificate in Applied Science with a major in nutrition to increase their ability to explain dietary changes as part of an overall treatment program.
Getting a job in today; world is determined not only by the sort of qualification you have, but also your personality, presentation, attitude, experience, interests, and ability to adapt to new challenges.
With an ACS study program in Applied Science, you are better prepared to enter a science oriented workplace, learn faster on the job, and become a more useful employee within a shorter period of time.
There are in fact fewer jobs today (per capita) that require a degree than there were in the past. Despite this, today more than in the past, employers do tend to seek certain specific knowledge and skills in employees.
How do Employers Think?
A study program that has required hard work to attain will be an indication to an employer that you have a certain level of drive and commitment.
An understanding of the industry and discipline which the job encompasses will indicate that you are more likely to learn faster and become useful to the employer sooner. We design our courses with these things in mind.
Where Might a Certificate Lead?
- Certificates are generally going to lead you to being an “assistant” of some kind. Whilst it varies, assistants in the field of science might become employed as laboratory assistants and technical assistants.
- Longer study programs generally offer the possibility of a position of greater responsibility. People with longer study programs might become Technical Officers, Technical Advisors, Freelance Consultants (in some fields), and Technical Sales Managers.
- A Certificate course might be used as part of an RPL application for a longer study program.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Support: communicate directly with staff . Answering you is our top
- Different: if your training is different, you stand out
- Resources: unique collection of people and intellectual property.
- Flexibility: more options for how, where, when and what you study
- Learning is top priority: what you learn changes you for life. Everything
else is secondary
- Better value: Compare our cost per study hour.
- Reliability: Established since 1979, and being independent means we have
avoided the stresses suffered by many other institutions