Recognition of Prior Learning
You can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning with ACS Distance Education and obtain credit towards the course you would like to study with us. If you have learnt similar topics in a course with a different provider through previous study or even work experience in a job you have worked, you may be able to
obtain credit towards your chosen course, eliminating the need to repeat
material and thereby reducing the time taken to complete your course.
Credit can be obtained by completing a Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Application form before commencing your course.
- To apply for RPL, contact the school for an RPL Application
form. Complete the form and submit it together with photocopied
documentation and evidence to support your application.
- A nominal fee of $100 is charged for to make a
standard RPL assessment. A higher fee may apply for more complex
submissions involving large exemptions.
- The RPL fee will be deducted from the total cost of your course,
plus discounts for any exempted studies, upon enrolment. However, if
you complete an RPL and choose not to enrol in a course, this fee is non-refundable.
- In order for credits to be granted for past studies, proof will
need to be supplied that verifies the qualifications and experience of
the people who taught you, and the number of class contact hours you
- Applications must be made before you commence a course. You cannot apply after you commence studies.
RPL is only applicable for Certificates (600 hour) and Advanced Certificates (900 hour).
RPL is not available for our 100 hour courses or 20 hour courses.
Download the RPL Application form here.