A comprehensive course in stress management.
- Learn about your own stress and others who are stressed.
- Study effective personal energy management
- Learn life coaching skills
This Certificate level course provides you with the necessary skills to manage your own stress, as well as support other people to manage their stress. The skill set you develop is an incredibly valuable asset in the modern world, where stress has become an epidemic, and manifests in health challenges across the spectrum of physical and mental disease.
Use your skills to:
- Deliver corporate health programmes
- Provide consultations with private clients
- Run group workshops
- Work with others within your organisation
- Develop programmes to deliver in the workplace
- .... the list goes on
Note that each module in the Certificate in Stress Management is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
Identify changes that occur to the body as stress develops.
Identify the relationship between lifestyle and stress.
Discuss the impact of legal drugs on the psychology of a person.
Discuss the importance of self esteem in minimizing stress.
Determine options for career management that will minimize potential for stress.
Identify and address security issues that impact on stress levels.
Identify aspects of relaxation and nutrition in a person’s life that may impact upon stress levels.
Identify the relationship between stress and personality type.
Types of Stress
We use the term ‘distress’ to indicate negative stress, which can lead to harmful effects, such as being fired from ones job. The term ‘eustress’ is used to refer to positive arousal which provides a healthy challenge, such as being promoted in one’s job.
The level of stress differs from one individual to another. Certain individuals experience a higher degree of stress than others (e.g. a job promotion may cause eustress for most people but for some it could cause distress). The level of stress also changes over time - you might be experiencing less stress now than you did a year ago.
With proper self awareness and management techniques stress levels can be lowered, perceptions altered and responses improved. In this course we deal with physical problems related to stress, how to achieve easy living, dealing with drugs, developing self esteem, relaxation, diet and much more. This course is equally relevant for self improvement, or professional development (for any allied health professionals such as counsellors, life coaches, fitness instructors or nutrition consultants).
How to Recognise Stress
It is important to recognize whether you or someone you know or a client is under stress. Often, even if we are under the influence of a stressful condition and our body reacts to it internally as well as externally, we fail to realize the symptoms of our stress. This also happens when the causes of stress are there long enough for us to get used to them. The body may try to tell us that it is stressed or that something is wrong, through symptoms such as:
- heart palpitations
- dizzy spells
- tight and sore muscles or
- various body pains and conditions
- blurry vision
- inability to eat or over-eating
- loss of interest in usual activities
- unexpected emotional reactions and more…
It is important to remain attentive to such symptoms and to have a stress management system in place to counter the adverse affects of stress. This course will give you a greater understanding of stress, how and why it occurs and how we can manage our stress.
WHY CHOOSE US?
- Support: Communicate directly with tutors who are qualified psychologists . Answering you is our top priority
- Different: If your training is different, you stand out
- Resources: Unique collection of people and intellectual property.
- Flexibility: More options for how, where, when and what you study
- Learning is more important than passing exams! What you learn changes you for life. Everything else is secondary.
- Better value: Compare our cost per study hour.
- Reliability: Established since 1979, and being independent means we have avoided the stresses suffered by many other institutions
- Help with Career or Business : as you approach the end of your course, and are developing ideas of what you want to do next, ask us for help. We are keen to advise and support our graduates in any way we can, from advising you on business ideas, to suggesting better ways to present when applying for jobs.
How You Might Use This Course?
Some students may already work in health or welfare services; and may use this course to expand or enhance their ability to perform in the job they already have. Doctors, nurses, counsellors, alternative therapists, social workers and others will be better able to identify and respond to stress related problems that affect the people they are caring for.
Similarly, people who work in personnel management or staff supervision will enhance their ability to understand and more appropriately react to the people they work with.
Some students may use this course to establish a fitness or coaching service that specializes in stress management. Specialist services in the health and fitness industries are a growth area, and for anyone who can develop a package of services that is a little different; they will have something that sets them apart from their competitors.
ENROL or Use our FREE Course Advice Service to Connect with a Tutor