Learn Practical Writing Skills by Home Study.
Most publishers will not take you seriously unless you have already been published.
This module gives you hands-on experience in writing for our online student magazine http://www.studentmag.acsedu.com
You work with a mentor (member of our academic staff) who will oversee your role as writer for one edition of that publication.
Develop your ability to write articles to specification and submit those articles for publication in a periodical (ie. Newspaper, Magazine or Ezine).
Value of this Module
With so many would-be writers around, publishers can afford to be very choosy. Most will only accept work from writers who have already been published, but getting that first work published can be a daunting and difficult task. Many very good writers just never get published at all.
This module provides our students with just what they need: an opportunity to get work published. On graduation, you will have at least one work published (maybe more) in a publication that you can show to potential employers, which will increase your chances of being employed or published in future.
This course takes you through the processes of writing for a specific publication, submitting work for publication, and meeting the requirements of an editor and publisher.
Lesson 1. Working to Specification.
Lesson 2. Publishing On Line Using online Management Systems for Electronic Publication
Lesson 3. Writing and Submitting Articles
Lesson 4. Revising Submitted Work
Under the guidance of a mentor (a writing/editing tutor), you will learn to write according to specific criteria, deal with a publisher, and communicate effectively with others involved in the publishing process. And, you will come away with at least one published work (maybe more), which will set you on the path to a career as a writer. No matter what you want to write, you will find this a great learning experience.
This module gives you hands-on experience in writing for a publication. You will work with a tutor (member of our academic staff) who will oversee your role as writer for an online publication, for one edition of that publication.
Flexible Study with ACS Distance Education
ACS Distance Education is unique. We allow you to choose how you study, where you study, what you study, how much you study, and when you study.
- Work fast or slow –you choose the intensity of study
- Start, pause or restart according to changing demands of work, family or lifestyle.
- Study this course by itself; or combine with others for a qualification
- Mix and match modules so you only study what you want or need to learn -We allow you to construct your own “tailor made” certificates or diplomas
- Options in assignments allow you to focus on things with greater interest to you.
- Study electronically (online or using a CD); or using printed notes.
- Use (or don’t use) supplementary services for extra learning want –unlimited access to tutors, an online student room, social media, bookstore, etc
- Orientation video and student Manual at the start of your course will provide a clear guide to how you can study and get all sorts of support no matter where you live
|ACS is an Organisational Member of the Institute of Training and Occupational Learning|
|Member of Study Gold Coast, Education Network|
|ACS Global Partner - Affiliated with colleges in seven countries around the world.|
|ACS is recognised by the International Accreditation and Recognition Council|