Learn the skills for a successful career in Natural Health
Through the guidance and feedback of experienced professional tutors, you will increase your knowledge in science and the skills required of Natural Health Services.
For ongoing success, you need to become "connected".
This networking within the industry will provide the basis to remain "connected", so that you can evolve and adapt to changes as your career moves forward.
How studying with ACS can benefit your career
An excellent course for people looking to enter into a career in Natural Therapies, Health Support Services or Alternative and Complementary Medicine.
Study this alone, or as a foundation course for higher qualifications. Your qualification will be internationally accredited through the IARC.
You also have the option of being awarded the Foundation Diploma through our UK sch
ool, a college that has also been assessed and approved for training in natural therapies and nutrition by the Complimentary Medicine Association (UK).
The Foundation Diploma might also be used to gain significant credits for the Pre Medical Diploma offered by Warnborough College in the UK and Ireland (which has been used in the past to gain entry to medical degrees in a number of overseas countries).
Note that each module in the Foundation Diploma In Natural Health is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
JOB TIPS for a Career in Natural Health
- A qualification helps open doors, but it's only part of what you need
- Keep your Options Wide -this industry is always changing, as new therapies are developed and new opportunities arise, you need to be placed to take them up.
- Get Experience, even if it is unpaid -Volunteering can be a great way to get a foot in the door
- Join a professional body as a Student Member and get active.
- Networking is critical -We show you how and get you started in this course. Often it's who you know as much as what you know that gets you the job
- Build your communication skills. This is a service industry. You need to deal with people, communicating clearly and concisely.
- Be prepared to do anything to get started. Many successful professionals started out doing menial jobs. Consider working in allied industries at first (eg. Sales in a Health Food Shop, Reception in a Clinic or a Health Club, Fitness Instructor, Working in a Herb Nursery, etc)
Why Study this Diploma before moving onto a higher qualification?
While many people do commence studies in medicine or complimentary medicine, with a serious intention of completing their course; it is common for a high proportion of students to either find the challenge more than what they anticipated; or to discover other opportunities along the way, that take them along a different path.
The reality is that many medical and natural therapy students will end up changing their ambition from being a "practitioner"; and instead become a member of the huge and diverse industry that supports practitioners.
- You have a convenient exit point at the end of the foundation diploma; with an opportunity to still gain a diploma, even if you do not progress to more advanced studies later on.
- This course allows you to start along the path to being a practitioner, but keep your options open. Under our system, you can use credits for anything already completed, and change direction, and the range of subjects you are studying, at any point along the way; and with greater ease than with most colleges.
- If you undertake your foundation studies with ACS and advanced studies elsewhere; you have the advantage of studying with two different schools; gaining access to two different groups of staff, and two different collections of resource and support services. This results in a richer, more diverse, overall training -and that is attractive to employers
Continuing Your Study with ACS and Affiliates after this Course
In recognition of the fact that career ambitions may tend to evolve over time, you may also wish to consider using your Foundation Diploma studies as credit towards higher qualifications in the fields of;
Graduates may find work in any of a wide variety of situations, such as: Health Support services (marketing, supply of health equipment and products), Health Clubs, Administrative positions (eg. in a medical centre, with a physiotherapist or other allied profession, medical insurance, etc)
Under arrangements with Warnborough College (in Ireland and the UK), studies in this course can provide advance standing in higher studies.
Modules undertaken here can provide credit in a Pre Medicine Diploma through Warnborough. Warnborough has flow on arrangements that allow their graduates to move into Medical studies at certain universities approved by the World Health Organisation (WHO) elsewhere in the world.
This course is internationally accredited through I.A.R.C
What Should You Study?
Let us help you make the Best Decision for You!
- Contact us and tell us about your passions and ambitions
- Let us understand your situation so we can advise you properly
- Then make a better unformed decision about what to study.
Use our FREE Course Counselling service to connect with a tutor
Click here - For answers to your questions
|This course is accredited by the International Accreditation and Recognition Council.|
|ACS is an Organisational Member of the British Institute for Learning and Development|
|ACS is a Member of the Complementary Medicine Association|
|Member of Study Gold Coast, Education Network|
|ACS Global Partner - Affiliated with colleges in seven countries around the world.|