On this site:
Training links, Alternatives to senior secondary studies, careers guide, Vocational training skills, news and views, Designing your own certificate or diploma, and more.
ACS provides distance education, video training, and on line studies to students worldwide (in over 50 countries).
|Why Choose ACS?
Flexibility- More Choice
ACS courses include both short hobby courses and formal certificates, advanced certificates, associate diplomas, diplomas and advanced diplomas.
Certificates and diplomas internationally recognised and accredited through IARC.
ACS courses provide unique education at a higher academic standard than many vocational courses, and are more relevant to the real world than what many university courses often provide.
Staff come from varied backgrounds: with both teaching and hands on vocational experience (including ex university, vocational college and training staff; research academics, etc). Courses cover e learning or traditional studies; flexible education options for career (jobs), self improvement, professional development, life skills or general adult education.
Introducing our School
ACS was established in 1979 by John Mason, who at the time was lecturing for various colleges (TAFE, Higher Education, University) Community Centers and Council of Adult Education in Australia.
High standards were adopted from the start; for example:
- Tutors hold a 3 year, full time post secondary qualification (outside education)
- Tutors have 5 years relevant experience
- Courses (modules or short courses) are 100 hours duration
- Certificates are generally 600 hours
By adhering to standards ACS has built sound credentials and is regarded and recognized highly by academics and industry professionals globally.
Our philosophy is relatively simple, but not always common in education today:
We believe education should aim to improve a student’s capacity to understand and develop in their chosen field of study; and that a course is a starting point that lays a foundation for future development. We believe quality education requires real life interaction between the teacher and student; and restricting access to tutors can devalue the quality of a course. Education is not just about information (any book or web site can provide that). Good education is a carefully contrived and delivered learning experience that changes the student, improving their ability to function within the discipline they study.
Graduates from ACS have been successful in all types of vocational situations, winning jobs and developing careers in academic positions, through to small business and trades.
We welcome the opportunity to talk (or communicate via email) with any prospective student before they enroll with us. Let us help you make the best choice of course. There are many well established facts regarding education which people often discover when it is too late, for example:
- Over 60% of people do not end up working in the field they studied (even university degree graduates)
- Most people who commence courses (college, polytechnic, TAFE, university) never complete them.
- While some people can earn big money in “some” professions, a qualification is rarely a guarantee for big earnings.
- Being successful in business requires a certain personality type as well as other things
- Most accredited courses take years to develop and approve –which in today’s fast paced world often means they are out of date before you graduate.
Our staff know their industries, and before you even enroll, they can provide very unique insights that can be a great help in helping you choose something that is appropriate and useful for your needs.