WHAT ARE MULTIDISCIPLINARY STUDIES?
Multidisciplinary studies you have the opportunity to study less unconventional combinations that broaden your scope for employment – research suggests that those with a broad based qualification have better employment possibilities and develop better careers.
- Multidisciplinary studies offer diverse career opportunities in private, public and community sectors (in small and large organisations)
- Gives you higher skill levels in addressing complex issues.
HOW CAN A MULTIDISCIPLINARY HELP YOU IN YOUR CAREER?
Choose units that you can excel in (usually from 3 different disciplines) – things you are passionate about, students always do well and usually also do better in their careers too because of this passion.
Multidisciplinary studies are aimed at developing diverse skills and as such your employment possibilities also broaden and may for example include work in:
What makes this qualification unique?
- Options to choose electives that you don't find in similar qualification elsewhere.
longer, more in depth qualification than what is offered at many other
colleges (Compare the duration -2100 hours -here with elsewhere). Study
more, learn more, go further in your career or business.
stronger focus on learning (some colleges focus more on assessment than
we do -but we believe that what you learn is what makes the difference)
- Exceptional tutors...compare the qualifications and experience of our staff.
- The proficiency awards offer a tiered award system - so you don't have to wait until the end of your qualification to have an award.
How does that work?
Once you have completed 6 modules, you can receive an ACS Certificate. Complete 8(plus 100hrs work experience), and receive an ACS Advanced Certificate. Complete 10 and receive a ACS Proficiency Award 1. Complete 14 (plus 100hrs work experience) and receive an ACS Proficiency Award 2. Complete 20 modules (plus 100hrs work experience) and receive an ACS Proficiency Award 3. Complete 24 modules (plus 100hrs Work Experience) and receive an ACS Proficiency Award 4.
Note that each module in the Proficiency Award 3 In Multidisciplinary Studies is a short course in its own right, and may be studied separately.
What You Will Do
This course requires you to complete a small number of core modules in order to provide a foundation in management and industry.
These core modules are:
Introduction to psychology
Research Project I
Research Project II
Industry / conference seminars - 50 hrs each from 2 different industries.This may involve attending conferences, trade shows, seminars, committee meetings or any other activities considered to be a serious networking and learning opportunity.
A further 14 modules must be selected from at least 3 and no more than 4 of the following disciplines; and a minimum of two modules from each discipline you choose.
Health Sciences and Fitness
Writing, Journalism and Publishing
Elective modules chosen must be approved by a tutor.
Duration: 2100 hours
THE WORLD IS CHANGING –AND SO IS EDUCATION
Choose how you study, where you study, what you study, how much you study, and when you study.
- Work fast or slow –you choose the intensity of study
- Start, pause or restart according to changing demands of work, family or lifestyle.
- Mix and match modules so you only study what you want or need to learn -We allow you to construct your own “tailor made”qualifications
- Options in assignments allow you to focus on things with greater interest to you.
- Study electronically (online or using a CD); or using printed notes.
- Use (or don’t use) supplementary services for extra learning want –unlimited access to tutors, an online student room, social media, bookstore, etc
- Orientation video and student Manual at the start of your course will provide a clear guide to how you can study and get all sorts of support no matter where you live.
Why Distance Education is Better
Classroom based education today is in crisis. Funding is under pressure, teachers are often stressed and increasingly, text books that were the back bone of courses in the past are becoming unavailable as electronic publishing impacts on the print media industry.
These pressures (and others) have resulted in the quality of classroom education diminishing. At the same time, technological advances have been allowing distance education to get better and better every year.
ACS started in 1979, and by 1982 was using computer technology to write and print courses. We have developed our school alongside a global technological revolution; adopting and applying new technologies to distance education as those technologies have emerged. Our experience has taught us how to deliver education in the most effective way, using modern technology; and allowed us to build a reputation that sets our graduates apart in the global marketplace.
- Too many courses today are stuck in the past; giving graduates qualifications (often accredited), but leaving them with out of date skills and often unemployed.
- Too many students commence courses with their sights on a job that exists when they start studying, but not recognising the fact that industries are changing so fast that by the time they finish studies, their job prospects may be completely different (The job they started out chasing might not even exist by the time they finish studying).
This fast changing world of ours can be unsettling for some. We all prefer to set our sights on a long term goal, and achieve it. The reality is that the ability to live that way is diminishing every year that passes.
You have two choices in your education –
- One is to ignore the changes underway in our world; and hope that studying something that has worked in the past, will work for you in the future.
- The other is to recognise that that there will be unforeseen opportunities in the future, and then prepare yourself as best you can to capitalize on those opportunities.
- Being prepared to capitalize on future opportunities in your field of study.
- Awareness of the subject and the industry
- Understanding of how to use what is learnt in real life situations
- Ability to communicate with greater confidence and accuracy
- Capacity to solve problems related to this subject
|ACS is an Organisational Member of the Institute of Training and Occupational Learning|
|Member of Study Gold Coast, Education Network|
|ACS Global Partner - Affiliated with colleges in seven countries around the world.|